We (the geoinformation management group of Royal HaskoningDHV) are extensively using ArcGIS Online (AGOL) and ArcGIS for Server (AGS) for all kinds of applications. Since some time, Esri is providing users of ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS for Server with more and more sophisticated tools to manage and monitor data, services, webmaps and webapps. Here are a few:
- the good old REST directory is one (http://services.yourorganisation.com/arcgis/rest/services, e.g. the AGS of the European Environmental Agency http://discomap.eea.europa.eu/arcgis/rest/services)
- this also works for your AGOL Organizational account (http://services.arcgis.com/unique_identifier_of_your_organization/arcgis/rest/services). You can check this if you view the URL to the services you’ve published to AGOL.
- the management pages of your own AGS: http://services.yourorganisation.com/arcgis/manager (don’t forget to secure this…)
- AGOL Services Status, showing the … hm … status of your services: http://maps.esri.com/AGSJS_Demos/OnlineContent/ServiceStatus/index.html (works only with administrator account of AGOL Organizational account)
- AGOL Online Assistant, for managing AGOL items, such as changing URL in webmaps and copying items between accounts: https://ago-assistant.esri.com/.
- AGOL Activity Dashboard: http://activitydashboard.arcgis.com/orgusage.html, showing you all kind of stats for your organization.
- Your account on https://developers.arcgis.com (login first). On the top right you can get detailed information on all data, tools, applications, usage etc in AGOL.
- One I have not used myself yet, but sounds very interesting: ArcGIS System Monitor for your server system
- And if you’re admin four your AGOL Organizational account you can view the stats on http://some_prefix.maps.arcgis.com/home/status.html.
- The credit estimator for ArcGIS Online: http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcgisonline/credits/estimator
Do you have any additions? Leave a comment below!